What Is Mobile Application Penetration Testing?
Mobile Application Penetration Testing is a security testing method used to identify the potential vulnerabilities in a certain application. It is done to establish advanced security measures to curb these weaknesses and deny malicious hackers access to the application. During the process, the testers will act the same way the hackers would. They will try to penetrate the mobile application differently to alter its functioning.
One of the best things about Mobile Application Penetration Testing is that it is done while the application is in full functioning mode: Like it is with the end user. The measure guarantees that the end user will enjoy full security and data protection once the security assessment is completed.
Mobile Application Penetration Testing is essential for organizations that value data privacy for all users.
Why Is Mobile Application Penetration Testing Important?
It allows you to identify all potential vulnerabilities that could lead to malicious attacks and data loss. With Mobile Application Penetration Testing, you can minimize the occurrence of direct attacks on the application. The end users have more confidence in the application. It is possible to go live without worrying about potential security breaches.
Types of Mobile App Penetration Testing
Mobile Application testing is a valuable tool for organizations and companies keen on getting the best out of their mobile applications. There are different types of tests, as discussed below;
- Wireless Penetration Testing- some attackers access an application's information by exploiting a vulnerability in the network. Through the wireless test, it is possible to identify and manage these vulnerabilities beforehand.
- Social Engineering Testing- attackers, may approach your staff to gather crucial information from them. Social testing helps determine how easy it would be for your staff to expose private information to malicious parties unknowingly. With the information, it is possible to conduct customized employee training on security.
- Web Application Testing - this kind of testing involves exploring the entire application. The experts test the safety of the browsers and the plugins. These tests are specific and are directed to all individual components of the application. The intention is to identify and fix all potential
- Client-side Testing - This test is mainly done to identify the potential weaknesses in the information available to the public. The test is done to ensure that malicious hackers cannot use the available information to access passwords or any other data that has not been made available to the public.
- Internal Network Penetration Testing - malicious attackers may also choose to impersonate an insider. These hackers get hold of any data that has the potential of being misread, altered, or destroyed.
- Physical Penetration Testing allows organizations to identify and eliminate potential entry points for attackers within the business infrastructure, staff, and systems.
Benefits of Mobile App Penetration Testing Services
Before you invest in a service, it is important to understand why you need it. Below are some benefits which make this service important to you:
- Awareness of potential security threats guarantees the establishment of improved security measures against the very threats.
- It helps polish certain aspects of the application. For instance, it is possible to discover vulnerabilities in the application that could lead to a major security threat. Without mobile app security testing, these could be easily overlooked.
- It helps determine the efficiency of response by your IT team. By mimicking a potential breach of the application's security, it is possible to determine how prepared your security team is. You will get an idea of the quality and accuracy of response to expect from the team in case of an actual attack.
- It ensures that your mobile application matches up to the standard security measures. The regulations require that your application guarantees a secure ICT environment.
You get many more benefits when you invest in Mobile Application Penetration Testing- it is absolutely worth your attention.
What Are The Parameters of Testing in a Mobile App Security Test?
There are three key parameters in Mobile App Security Test;
The server that hosts the API
When the mobile application user requests an action, it is transferred through the application to the API, which returns the requested data completing the action. Thus, mobile app testers employ the best strategy, which involves intercepting the traffic between the application and the API. They try to manipulate the application to send wrong answers, thus identifying the vulnerabilities in the process.